You can’t fill someone else’s cup if yours is empty.
We live in a fast pace culture whereas it can be difficult to find five or even ten minutes to just breathe! I get it, we need to keep the house clean, we need to make money, we need to keep going to keep going. It’s admirable to have a good work ethic in everything, but when is the last time you’ve truly taken time for yourself? How do you speak to yourself? How do you think of yourself?
It’s so important to take time out of the day to care for yourself in whichever way suits you best! Life can sometimes make it tough to keep a smile on. You may work with people who love to suck the energy and positivity right out of you. Maybe you just haven’t been feeling yourself lately for whatever reason. In the midst of it all, remember that you’re stronger than you give yourself credit for, and you should reward yourself to keep going! Practice self-love. I simply can’t stress enough just how beneficial it is to truly care for and nurture yourself.
I’m still very young, but thankfully I grew up in a positive and encouraging environment that I’m forever grateful for. My parents repeatedly drenched me in affirmations to the point where I started telling myself the same things! This was not out of pride or arrogance, but simply the fact that I started to look at myself in a positive light. I want everyone who is reading this to come to the point where even in spite of knowing your flaws and insecurities, you accept and love yourself.
It can be difficult to truly lift and encourage others up to full capacity if you yourself aren’t encouraged; hence my very first sentence at the top! If you aren’t sure how to care for yourself, I’ll give some examples that you can start to practice! Remember that it’s a journey. Self-love typically doesn’t happen overnight, but there are steps that will bring you closer.
- Read a book you like!
- Watch your favorite movie!
- Go to a coffee shop and chill!
- Clean your house / get organized!
- Read God’s word, and talk to Him!
- Call your friends up and get together!
- Light a beautifully scented candle you love!
- Purchase tickets to see your favorite artists!
- Put on a face mask! – The best feeling in the world.
- Update your wardrobe / look and splurge on yourself!
- Tell yourself that you’re beautiful and deserve the best.
- Listen to podcasts / music / vlogs that make you feel good!
- Take a nice walk outside and take time to appreciate nature!
- Write down five things you like about yourself- can be anything!
- Make a list of everything you can think of that you’re grateful for!
- Brew a cup of tea- you know those teabags that have little positive quotes and encouragements on the paper attached to the string? I love those!
In time, you’ll find what works best for you!
~ Xo, Rachel.